Do Your Share for Cleaner Air!
What can I do to help?
Taking cars off the road is the most effective way to reduce the harmful emissions from cars that form ground-level ozone. If your trip requires the use of a vehicle remember to DRIVE CLEAN.
There are many easy things you can do to help reduce air pollution. Remember, every little bit helps.
- Conserve energy at home, work, anywhere you can
- Use environmentally safe cleaning products and paints
- Refuel your car in the evening when it is cooler
- Never top off your gas tank–when the pump stops your car is full
- Avoid spilling fuel
- Always tighten gas cap securely
- Combine errands and reduce trips in your car
- Bike, walk, or take public transportation whenever possible
- Eliminate vehicle idling whenever possible. An idling engine burns 1/4 to 1/2 gallon of gas per hour. It takes less energy to restart your car than to idle for one minute.
- Keep your car, boat, and other engines tuned up
- Inflate your car’s tires to the recommended pressure
- Avoid using lighter fluid–it emits VOCs
The KTMPO Bicycle and Pedestrian App lets you locate transportation networks for non-motorized users. Turn the various layers on and off to locate bike lanes, jogging paths, hiking trails, sidewalks, and transit facilities.
We know that there is a great need for expanded alternative transportation modes. Use the editing tools to show us where you would like to see a new facility added in your neighborhood. If an existing path or sidewalk hasn’t been mapped yet, draw it in and we’ll include it for everyone’s benefit.
The Points of Interest and Transit layers are there to help you get from place to place and anticipate what you will find at your destination.
Please use this user guide to figure out how to use the Bike and Pedestrian App.